The below guide outlines the required documentation and processes incoming residents are required to complete prior to the start of their programs.
Once the RMS matches are released in mid-January, applicants will receive a letter of offer via e-mail from the Program Coordinator. Once they have been accepted into the program, incoming residents will be asked to provide their necessary personal details which will then be forwarded to our Human Resources department. Shortly thereafter, the optional Residency Training Agreements (RTA) will be forwarded to you for consideration. Once your RTA has been received (please advise us immediately if you elect not to engage in the RTA), you will then be required to apply online for your residency position (not to worry - this is only a formality and your position is secure). Once this is completed, an official offer letter and hiring package will then be mailed to each resident for completion.
human resources forms/information
- Signed Metro Residency Training Agreement (RTA)/Non-Metro Residency Training Agreement - if you elect to engage in the RTA, please sign the copy and mail directly back to the Administrative Assistant immediately on receipt.
- Examples of the optional training agreements for reference only:
- Signed copy of your Offer Letter - please sign as soon as you receive this and mail directly back to the Administrative Assistant immediately on receipt.
- Photo ID - The Administrative Assistant will be processing a bulk request for all photo IDs prior to the start of the program in April 2017. For identification purposes, your photo ID must be worn/visible at all times and serves as a set of "keys" that will provide you access to the secure areas of our sites.
The Photo ID is used to access rotation sites within the Lower Mainland Health Authorities. The Photo ID will allow you to access Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services locations and some other restricted entry areas. As a Fraser Health Authority (FHA) Employee, you MUST obtain a FHA Photo ID. For Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care & Surgery Centre rotations, you MUST obtain a SmartCard Photo ID as it will allow access to Thin Clients. Please note you only need ONE photo ID.
Additional site access needed during the program
We have requested access to the various sites based on your schedule to begin the program. As many things change over the course of the year; you may find you need additional access to a site that was not previously known (eg. a locked nursing unit at a hospital that requires ID badge swipe access). When this occurs- you are responsible to go to:
Replacement Photo ID and/or Additional Access Request on-line form found at: http://fhworkspaces/sites/PhotoIDAccessRequest/Lists/PIDMultipleRequests/NewForm.aspx?RootFolder=
You can also contact the Photo ID office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 604-930-5442 during business hours Monday to Friday 8-4
- Ensure your vaccines are up to date. Please contact the occupational health nurse (OHN) at 1-866-922-9464 before May 15th. The OHN will ask you a series of questions, so please have your vaccination record with you in advance. (Note: UBC students may request a copy of their vaccination history which was submitted for entry to the E2P program from the UBC Pharmacy front desk). The OHN will provide you with a list of clinic sites and dates to complete your vaccination updates should this be required. Please ensure all of your vaccinations are up to date prior to the start of your residency program.
- Ensure that you hold current registration and licensure with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia (for both in-province and out-of-province residents). For more information, please visit the College website and review the information in the Licensure/Liability section of the Resident Manual. Once you have received your BC College license number, please immediately forward this directly to the Program Coordinator.
The below documents to be completed and mailed back using the provided envelope in your hiring package to the Fraser Health On-Boarding Team in Surrey. For any questions related to the below forms, please call the On-Boarding Representative at 604-953-5122 ext. 769539.
Please fill out the forms that are mailed to you. A checklist of all required documentation will also be included in your hiring package.
Please complete and return all forms immediately on receipt.
- Direct Deposit Form - with attached void cheque or void cheque equivalent from your bank
- Employee Information Sheet - for recent graduates, you may write "pending" for your pharmacy license number
- Confidentiality Acknowledgement
- Fraser Health Authority
- Providence Health Care
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- TD1/TD1BC - please note that if you have elected to sign one of the Residency Training Agreements, the tuition and book cost is $0
- Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) Employee Declaration
- Group Life Appointment of Beneficiary
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) Application Form - please note that if you have a BC Care Card, then you are already enrolled in the MSP. Please attach proof of Canadian citizenship such as a copy of your passport or birth certificate.
- Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) Application Form
- Voluntary Aboriginal Self-Identification - please leave blank if not applicable
Accessing your Fraser Health Email Remotely
We will send you your username and password.
Please go to the website: https://owa.fraserhealth.ca
Enter SFHR\ change to your username.
This will allow you to update your password and access FH emails prior to getting on site. You will need your FH email in order to log into the CCRS program below (Course Catalog Registration System).
Electronic documents to be e-mailed back to the Administrative Assistant prior to May 31st:
- Certificate from CCRS demonstrating completion of the Fraser Health New Employee Orientation. Please download and forward the completion certificate which becomes available under the Training History section on CCRS after the completion of your course.
- Confirmation that N95 mask fitting has been completed - please include your most recent mask fitting.
Documents to be completed and returned to the Administrative Assistant during Program Week 1:
- New Employee Orientation Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Checklist - this may be completed at any of your rotation sites. If possible, please contact the site's pharmacy department in advance to arrange an orientation. If you are unable to complete this during Program Orientation, you may do so during your first scheduled rotation. Please just ensure the completed checklist is returned to the Administrative Assistant within 1 month of your program start date.
- Criminal Record Check - a registration requirement for BC College of Pharmacists and employement with Fraser Health
All incoming LMPS residents are expected and required to read through the entire Resident Manual prior to the start of their programs. A few key tasks to complete prior to the start of your rotations include:
- Email - once you receive your health authority e-mail address, you may wish to set up e-mail access on your smartphone. Before doing so, you must first log into your account with the provided username and password at one of your rotation sites to activate your account/email.
- Parking - if you intend to drive to your rotations, please complete and submit the required forms to access staff parking privileges.
- UBC Card - please ensure that you have an active UBC Card prior to the start of your program to ensure you have UBC Library access during your rotations.
- Dress Code - please review the required dress code for all Fraser Health employees
- Social Media Policy - please review all social media policies
New Employee Orientation Modules (CCRS)
The below modules are required to be completed by all incoming residents prior to the start of their programs. Please go to ccrs.vch.ca to get started.
- Fraser Health New Employee Orientation Module - you are only required to complete the Fraser Health NEO module. In CCRS, please enter "Fraser Health New Employee Orientation" in the Course Name field and click Search (do not press Enter). Expected completion time = 4 hours. If you are a current LMPS employee (i.e. working as a Grade 1 pharmacist) and have previously completed this module, you do not need to re-complete.
- Violence Prevention Modules - completion of modules 1 through 9 are required of all LMPS residents. In CCRS, please enter "Violence Prevention" in the Course Name field and click Search (do not press Enter). Expected completion time = 4 hours.
LMPS residents will have the opportunity to complete rotations across all four of our health authorities. Please review the below guides and visit our Information Systems and Electronic Health Records pages for further guidance.
Vancouver Coastal Health/Providence Health Care
- CareConnect Quick Guide
- CareConnect User Manual
- CareConnect eHealth Viewer Guide
- Excelleris - Getting Started
- Excelleris - PharmaNet Quick Reference
The below documents are to completed and returned to the Administrative Assistant or as specifically directed on the required form as soon as possible and no later than May 15th.
- Undertaking of Confidentiality and Acknowledgement of Disclaimer by Authorized Person for Hospital Access to PharmaNet - please sign this form in the presence of a non-family witness
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)/Providence Health Care (PHC)
- Excelleris Appendix B: Health Care Provider Confidentiality Acknowledgement for Global Access - please use abbreviated sites for the address section (e.g.: BH - Burnaby Hospital, SPH - St. Paul's Hospital, SMH - Surrey Memorial Hospital, VGH - Vancouver General Hospital, etc.)
- PHC PCIS Basics Online Course - please follow the attached instructions and complete the PHC PCIS 150G (Physicians) - SCM Basic Online course as instructed. Please complete all requirements as your PHC PCIS username and password will only be sent to you on completion.
Your MediTech and MediNet access will be requested for you by the Administrative Assistant.
Provincial Health Services Authority
BC Children's and Women's Hospital administration will contact you directly for the completion of any required forms.