Lmps chief residents
During Program Orientation Week (or first program week), residents from the AdultPod and PedsPod will each appoint via whatever process they choose a Chief Resident for their pod. This role is distinct from the BC-wide Chief Resident who is elected via a separate process, although one resident could hold both positions.
Expectations of the LMPS Chief Residents
- Participate in the Residency Advisory Council process, as described in the RAC Terms of Reference
- Represent residents’ views to the Program Coordinator when this is deemed the most appropriate mechanism to do so
- Upon request of the Program Coordinator, collate opinions or information from their pod’s residents, or communicate information to them when this is deemed the most appropriate mechanism to do so
- Serve as a resource to residents who request support
- Coordinate a “meet and greet” event of some sort during the transition between exiting residents and incoming residents (usually in mid-June)
- Coordinate selection by residents of the New Preceptor of the Year and Veteran Preceptor of the Year awards, notifying the Program Coordinator on or before last day of residency
- Take responsibility for ensuring audiovisual and teleconference equipment set-up for ADS sessions and project presentations in August/September and May
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Program Coordinator or their pod’s residents
BC Chief Resident(s)
Selected by all BC residents usually in July during the Summer Didactic Sessions.
- Responsibilities and Terms of Reference: BC Chief Resident